Website Sharp Management Corporation
Regional Community Manager
• Arkansas & Mississippi (25 min apart)
• 1,000 Units
Sharp Management Corporation owns and manages apartment communities. Sharp is dedicated to providing an exemplary living experience, the highest possible quality of service and a superior value for our residents. We are committed to building better neighborhoods wherever we are, not only for our residents, but for the greater community. At Sharp, it is important for us to preserve the environment, improve infrastructures, and enhance the beauty of our settings. Sharp currently operates apartment communities in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, West Virginia, Georgia, Mississippi and Arkansas markets. We are in the process of acquiring new properties in these existing markets as well as expanding to new markets across the country. Sharp Management Corporation is an Equal Housing Opportunity organization.
Responsible for managing the daily operations for our Arkansas and Mississippi portfolio in accordance with company policies, lease agreements, and applicable laws. Reports directly to the Regional Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and direct day-to-day property operations across the portfolio, including direct management of functional line managers (leasing, resident services, maintenance)
• Maximize income and control costs for each property
• Responsible for monthly review of financial reporting and budget variance analysis; oversee annualbudgeting process with property managers and owners
• Design and implement competitive and effective incentive compensation programs
• Oversee, develop and implement marketing/advertising plans across markets in conjunction with the Regional and Senior Director
• Perform regular site visits to insure smooth functioning and organization of site offices; perform physical inspections of properties
• Work with corporate office to ensure that risk management practices are implemented and followed
• Review with managers and maintenance staff the preventative maintenance program
• Work with property managers to recruit, retain and develop staff at all levels –Perform disciplinary activities
• Evaluate direct reports on annual basis, or as needed
• Responsible for property contracts
• Oversee the processing of work orders, payroll and invoicing
• Monitor Leasing/renewal activities through newly implemented revenue management system
• Oversee utility billing system to ensure correct billing to tenants
• Monitor AR and AP functions at property offices
• Monitor internal processes of inventory control and purchasing
• Monitor and assess make ready process, negotiate with vendors if needed
• Other related duties as assigned
Directs activities of Management office, Leasing, Maintenance and Security staff – minimum supervision of 20 staff members is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or related degree is required; MBA is a plus but not required
• 6-10 years experience, latest role as Property Manager or Regional Property Manager of at least 1200 units, with scattered site experience preferred
• Experience managing staff of minimum 20 persons, along with maintenance department
• Experience in residential apartment marketing and management and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of established accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures including the ability to create budgets and analyze financial statements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
• Must interact effectively with all levels of employees and external contacts.
• Must work well under pressure, exercise good judgment when making decisions and handle stressful situations in a mature, professional manner.
• Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word.
• Proficiency in Yardi is required.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
Residential Management certification preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance, 401K with company match, and travel
To apply for this job email your details to Yossi@sharpmgmt.com