Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Building Services Representative assists the Leasing and Maintenance Staff in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The Building Services Representative will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner, and in addition to the duties described herein, will perform other duties as requested by the Community Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Housekeeping Supervisor if applicable. The Building Services Representative must provide exceptional customer service while assessing and servicing the property.
1. Perform custodial and grounds work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas within building (hallways, windows, trash rooms, lobbies, community amenity areas, parkin and full clean of apartments after move-outs for turnovers to prepare for move-ins.
2. Must follow pertinent laws and applicable regulations including, but not limited to EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables and caustics.
3. Must be aware of the condition throughout the property and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes and broken/burned out exterior lights.
4. Responsible for meticulous upkeep of common area spaces, amenities, building exteriors, turn over apartments, corporate units and administrative offices.
5. Remove trash from the office areas and community perimeter on a regular basis.
6. Report any maintenance concerns for repairs throughout the property, on available homes, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to manager and/or supervisor in a timely manner.
7. Meticulously maintain curb appeal.
8. Respond to service requests and resident concerns in a timely and professional manner.
9. Maintain complete and accurate records regarding restroom, gym and community amenities cleaning and any other pertinent log.
10. Report any maintenance or resident related concerns to manager and/or supervisor in a timely manner.
11. Periodically inspect all units, buildings and common areas, performing janitorial tasks as needed. Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in those areas is maintained.
12. Attend and participate in training seminars as requested. Be aware and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
13. Ensure effective, timely and professional interactions with residents and property management team on all services provided.
14. Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of supplies and inform manager of shortages.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proven Knowledge and application of codes, laws, and regulations.
2. Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test screening.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and training provided by Michaels Management
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work as part of a team, as well as, complete assignments independently.
2. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
3. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
4. Must be able to read and write legibly to complete required reports and requests, review manuals
and operating instructions, read cautionary labels, and respond to written instructions from staff
5. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful completion.
6. Take instructions from supervisors.
7. Exercise problem-solving skills.
8. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents, guests, and the public in a professional
and pleasant manner.
9. Any employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and
maintenance of the required cleaning tools and equipment.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week to include evenings, weekends and holidays if required for emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts. Occasional overtime hours may be required.
2. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all conditions, often for extended periods.
To apply for this job please visit tmo.com.