Website University of Missouri-Kansas City (Residential Life)
Pay commensurate with experience (Pay range is $17.50-$19.75)
- Building maintenance; including completing work orders in occupied apartments and unit turns in vacant apartments
- Respond to resident requests for maintenance, troubleshoot problems and take action to resolve maintenance issues
- Provide preventative maintenance care of all heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems including single room units up to complete building systems
- Repair and maintain building accessories and equipment, such as tables, chairs, charts, gas and electrical appliances, painting, drywall repair, install doors, change locks, etc
- Repair and maintain plumbing systems for water softeners, restroom facilities, water coolers, etc.; open sewers/drains; replace faucets, etc.
- Perform routine electrical work including but not limited to: lighting wiring, power circuits, replacing switches, etc.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Locate parts and prepare requests for purchase of parts and equipment; provide input as to recommended equipment purchases for consistency in maintenance and repair
- Clean area upon completion; return materials and equipment and restore area to original state. Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications A high school degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Four years of experience in general building maintenance, including heating/air conditioning, electrical, water treatment, plumbing, etc., is necessary. Ability to read blueprints and interpret diagrams is necessary. A valid driver’s license may be required for certain positions
To apply for this job please visit info.umkc.edu.